Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Investment

How vested in a project or commitment are we?  When all is finished is not a good time to find out.  My Father always taught us (sometimes the hard way) that if you were going to do something do it right.  I find I still hear that admonition playing in my head.  Even when not doing something I enjoy I still have to do my best.  There are things I would like to just walk away from, but no; started it must be finished, and finished, it must be done right.   I wonder now if that is one of the reason I just don't get started on things. Why bother?  Lately I find I am sitting in the gallery more often than not.




The Fairy Tarot

4 comments:

  1. mother's was always paint both sides of a board well, even if no one will ever see the back. (I didn't want to paint behind the stove that day). Advice that has stuck with me and I've stuck to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the voices that still play in our heads. Sometimes soft whispers and others loud proclamations.

      Delete
  2. Ack, this post resonates with me. I've been cutting boards to fill the vent holes in the floor, and the holes must have been originally cut by a drunk with a reciprocating saw. It's hard to measure and fill hole that measures differently on each end and at the top and bottom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When seeing examples of such poor craftsmanship, I wonder what were they thinking.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...