Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Suspicious

Do people give freely, not really expecting anything in return?  This has not been my experience. Well except that one time sevenish years ago.  Lots gave freely and helped me along; still mixed in the bunch were quite a number that acted humbly but had a hidden agenda.  They wanted accolades for their offerings and good deeds.  Makes one cautious and a bit jaded, and that is something I still have to work on.  Not always wondering what someone wants in return.  Today something given will be accepted and appreciated, or maybe better I will have the opportunity to gift to another. 
I like me better with a open sunny attitude.  The days in shadow are not where I want to live.

5 comments:

  1. 2012 was a watershed year for both of us. You can't get away from the physical reminders, I refuse to get away from the mental cattle prods. I thought about you when I leaned my head against my sisters stone last week. I don't know if I could move on, but I won't. You can't move on and would. We make a fine and complete pair. For whatever it's worth... (((C&S)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I don't want to live in the shadows either. But sometimes I have to bring a big-ass flashlight to help me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that. A big-ass flashlight. Amazon list

      Delete
  3. And then there is the saying, "can't find his oown ass with a flashlight and both hands" :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...