Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Unfinished

I wonder about unfinished business, thoughts, relationships.  There have been many that I just left, no final goodbyes or good riddance. Was it because there was nothing left to say or do; not wanting to close a door, or fear of hearing what the other side of unfinished had to say or do?  Part of me says done is done, but remembrances can bring an ache. 
The Issue of Fairness, as Mark Nepo writes"is a very painful issue to discuss for most of us, because so much of how we see the world hinges on a sense of fairness and justice,"
There never was a statement of fairness given to us in Life.  Things happen, the World turns, Life goes on.

My Mother loved to play the piano.  She tried to teach each of us on one we had in house.  I tried and she said I would never really play well with my short stubby fingers. Some fifty odd years later I still think of that.  Was her blunt statement fair?

Wisdom of the Oracle.

1 comment:

  1. I loved to play basketball when I was a kid (though vertically challenged). I was told by my parents that I would never be good enough for a scholarship, so they refused to pay for basketball camps, etc. Sometimes blunt honesty is just cruel.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...