Saturday, May 11, 2019

Here and Now

Another egg.  I will need two of them for a cake I am making today.  Mothers Day tomorrow and my sister asked me bake the 'rock-bottom' cake our Mother made when we were children. A delicious decadent delight. I have mentioned it several times this week, each time bringing Mother closer to mind and heart.  A scratch chocolate pudding cake basically with chopped walnuts or pecans that settle to bottom of cake, so we aptly named it 'rock bottom' cake. I was thinking on it earlier this morning, how it came out of oven and Mother placed it on top of washing machine in the utility-room to cool. We all checked it out.  I remember the washing machine top just below eye level so I got a good view whilst placing my hand flat on top and watching as the cake waved a bit, since it had a wet bottom, more wet than pudding. It was just wonderful and special.
Memories of the past, a special treat in the here and now and a recipe for the future occasions.

2 comments:

  1. Keep an eye on Miss Kitty; as delicious as that sounds, she might want a taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem will be more me than her. She looks like she would like table offerings but turns her nose up at everything so far. I think she was snacker of table tidbits, not from my table so far.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...