Monday, January 7, 2019

Embrace

Who does not need a hug, an embrace, from time to time?  A week or so back someone went to give me a hug and I tried to withdraw, but no escape.  It got me to thinking of all the times that I have hugged others, whether I was invading their space or not. Since I was injured I don't give as many hugs any more.  One reason is I cannot turn my head and many are much taller than me so if the hugs last more than 1,2,3 I start to get really muffled.  Also since I cannot maneuver as well and my fight switch is damaged, my flight switch kicks on.
I miss them.  We all need to be hugged, held, validated from time to time. I turn to the Light and feel the warmth of the Sun for most of my embraces now.  Thankfully I have that.


The Gaian Tarot

4 comments:

  1. we can (and I do) give ourselves little hugs and pats all day long. Key to equilibrium. I gave our carpet layer a hug when he left and he about jumped through the ceiling :) But then he caught on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that's a good one for the carpet guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caught my vet crying (he had to euthanize someone's pet) and gave him a big hug. Sometimes people need one even if it takes me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Just to be there in the moment with them, like your post this morning.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...