Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tick-Tock

 

How many years since I learned to drive? The hands on this clock, placed near the 10 and 2 positions reminds me of the requirement to keep our hands in the 10-2 position on the steering wheel while driving. So many years ago. Things learned and forgotten, or tossed aside through the passage of days. Time keeps on slipping, slipping into the future.

"Time is the rate and duration of observable - and in physics, measurable action."  Such a dispassionate statement of time, which is so valuable to us. 

Last night I got really angry over a trivial point, at least in the March-of-Time, that now in the morning I realize, what the hey. I now ask myself why did I waste twenty-minutes of my peace of mind and time over basically nothing. Twenty-minutes gone in the continual tick-down of days. Time stops for nothing and no one. Tick-Tock.

1 comment:

  1. A great post to remind me not get stuck in the tar of the trivial.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...