Thursday, July 15, 2021

Compose

I have been over thinking this card.  Creature of Clouds in traditional tarot is represented as the Queen of Swords. First I became side-tracked by the sigil in left bottom of card, which the author gives us as  "Compose" which I searched for on the web with no luck. The rooks were really interesting in the artwork of "The Rooks Have Returned" - rooks usually return to their nesting and mating areas after the retreat of Winter. I remembered something about Rooks and the Tower of London, and oft I went in research of that recall.  The image on the card definitely opened doors for thought, which I suppose the Tarot is meant to do. My next thought is have I become entrenched in my remembered meanings about the cards? I hope not. I still recall  someone once saying to me, forget what the books tell you and go with the image.  My first thought with this card is "Winter is Coming" but this is clearly more about the retreat of Winter. Winter is all about hardships for me, I do not tolerate the cold very well and the bleak starkness of winter hinders my sight of the loveliness that also exists. The Queen of Swords has learned hardships through her life and remembers and uses that knowledge to keep her warm and safe in those days of lack, discomfort, and pain.


Majestic Earth Tarot
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Sharyn. Those hardships can turn into our comforts because of our experience with them.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...