Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The gift that keeps on giving

 

Kitty. Definitely a gift that keeps on giving.  Sometimes I think I would like to get a companion kitty for her, but no. When I adopted her, I was told she was a cat that would do best being the only animal in home. This morning at the front window she let a passing cat know in no uncertain terms that they were trespassing. Her warnings were quite vocal. I hope the kitty was just a neighbors that was out for a morning roam, and not lost in the fireworks fray. A recent reporting on the news mentioned, that many pets that were adopted during the pandemic are now being returned. So sad. People don't understand that they truly become family members, to the pet at least. 



Wisdom of the Oracle

2 comments:

  1. I've thought of a companion for our kitty as well, but dismissed the idea (she is a bit of a diva :D). Thankfully we are not experiencing a lot of returned animals here. In fact, we were recently having a pet food shortage because they couldn't keep up with the demand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is truly wonderful news. I put some food out for passing kitties, just in case they are working their way home.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...