Monday, July 26, 2021

Take time and make time

 

Yesterday I attended a funeral for a 29 year old young man, who lost his way in drug addiction. I had met him several times over the years as I know his Mother and Aunt. I spent several hours there in quiet contemplation, just being present, supportive of a Mother lost in her sorrow.  I heard her say several times who were all these people? As I watched the visitors, I noticed many never took the time to visit the casket, mostly milling around joining conversations here and there.  It felt more like a high school reunion. All these people exclaiming how long it had been since they last saw each other.  I am guessing most attendees were local as the family as I know them, mostly never traveled very far from home. Wonder why it had been so long since they last visited, since each probably lives within a few miles of one another?  Enraptured with our own dramas we forget to make time for others. A few minutes here and there. Slow down, take time and make time. 

Elements of Recovery

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Even with the pandemic, we can call, write a note, or send an email. You never know what a difference it might make to someone.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...