Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Embellish

"Live larger than Life. Be the storyteller and the hero of your own life." - booklet

I was immediately drawn to this card when I drew it from the deck, so much so that I stepped right into the scene.  I could smell the wood smoke and the hear the hiss and spit of the fire. Entranced, the only disruption to the intense quiet on the beach was the sound of the wood sap that caught flame. I wondered who set the rocks and lit the fire? Would they soon return to set a hare or fish to flame or maybe come to share a story.
Embellish: to make beautiful with ornamentation.

When I was a child we would get together and tell ghost stories around a small fire.  Miss that.


Native Spirit Oracle Cards - Denise Linn

10 comments:

  1. I miss stories told too. Seems like people only discuss what's on the news or the latest tweet these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much more than the crap they serve up on tv. I am almost tv free these days, almost. Maybe I will hear something at the water-cooler?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image. I could step into it too.

    Maybe time to invest in some story books for the fall season? Have you read The Fortune Teller by Gwendolyn Womack? Not strictly a ghost story although it includes voices from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished Labyrinth: loved it.

      Delete
    2. I haven't read that yet...it's going on the list :)

      Delete
    3. I will have to read that book. Thanks for suggestion.

      Delete
  4. The direct opposite image of me as a Red Hatter. :)
    I have three audio books to sample packed up, just too lazybum to go to the post office

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Laylah! Reading fiction books is one of my favorite pastimes these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long cold winter ahead. That is what I am going to be doing.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...