Friday, September 22, 2017

Release

This is a different perspective on the card of Death.  Gives me pause for consideration.

In a book I recently read, a man described his NDE - near death experience.  He had a massive heart attack and falling to the ground he laid there and actually had the experience of dying. Everything went calm and smooth and he thought to himself "this is what dying is" and in that moment realized he was not afraid of dying, that he really had been afraid of life, that living is the real challenge.  The part of him that was still in his body mustered himself and brought himself back from the brink. This story really resonated with me;  I too was at that place of separation when the EMT's started their revival work on me years ago.  And the telling of his tale makes me wonder when I comment and say I am not afraid of dying, what  I am saying is that I am fearful in living.  Something to think about.



FAIRY Tarot - Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine

6 comments:

  1. I think we've been taught to be afraid of death, of what comes afterward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is part of it I think, a big part of it is the fear of how we will die - pain, agony, misery, disease; that's the fearful part.

      Delete
  2. fear of living has dogged my life. I could have been so much more. I have though, via my draws learned to quit blaming "no mentor" "no college" "not enough money to do..." That has been a blessing, because to stop blaming is to set me free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am better with the blaming part; still have some work to do. I think most of live part of our life's from a platform of fear. All those be careful, from our parents...don't touch, look both ways, don't run with pencils and scissors.....no, no, no, NO!

      Delete
  3. Fear of living, the story of my life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most of us it is our story. Everyone once in awhile we try something new, fix something on our own, head out the door with nary a thought, those are times we didn't give in to a fear.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...