Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sight for sore eyes

What a vision a white buffalo must be.

I am unclear what message if any that comes from this card.  Perhaps today I shall have to stand my ground.  Maybe somewhere along the line something will give me pause and I will need to pay particular attention to what grasps my attention.  Maybe, a spiritual or sacred moment; I had one the other evening, a sunset that almost took my breath away.  Maybe, Maybe, Maybe
I also thought of buffalo nickles, for whatever reason.  In 1912 they coined the design and started production for release in 1913.  Easy enough, what I discovered while reading about coinage at that time, was an ongoing concern for counterfeiting nickels and other coins.  Can you image, counterfeiting nickles.  The world has truly changed.


Native Spirit Oracle Cards - Denise Linn

6 comments:

  1. The white buffalo makes me think of a rare, sacred experience. Perhaps it is just a nudge to pay attention to any wonder or beauty you might come across today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what booklet leans toward. A sacred encounter. Today is another wonderful day on planet Earth. That in itself is enough.

      Delete
  2. all your ideas are valid. I do like Bev's interpretation as well. A white Buffalo in the snow. A perfect camouflage and thus difficult to come across. I wonder what wisdom he has to share..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the camouflage interpretation. Some gem of thought, gesture, or intention hidden in plain sight.

      Delete
  3. have you seen this? Takes my breath away. Yet I wonder if he will be accepted by others or be a castoff?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JoHGwSdRak

    the white buffalo is sacred to the First Peoples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The legend saws we wait for the return of the White Buffalo Calf Woman.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...