Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hello God

Another tree of change and seasons.  Sue Lion features trees in many of her cards.

                       TREE
I think that I shall never see
a poem lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
against the sweet earth's flowing breast
A tree that looks at God all day
and lifts her leafy arms to pray
A tree that may in summer wear
a nest of robins in her hair
Upon her bosom snow has lain
who intimately lives with rain
Poems are made by fools like me
but only God can make a tree.
- Joyce Kilmer
 This poem reminds me to go spend time with a tree.  Give it a big hug and in that moment I connect with the Infinite, The Divine

eartheart wisdom oracle cards - Sue Lion

5 comments:

  1. I love trees and I miss hugging the tree who lived (and died) in my garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sue's cards, I have two of her decks. They are upstairs though, serving time as meditation cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought her two decks because you mentioned them on a blog a few years ago and that they were for your own personal use. I think she is working on a new deck, most deck designers always are.

      Delete
  3. I don't know that I've ever read that whole poem beyond the first two lines. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...