Friday, January 22, 2021

Time better spent

 

"Wisdom is not easily improvised; virtue cannot be invented."

I do not agree with the above caption for this card.  There are lots of people sharing 'smart speaks' but really make up what they are saying.  So many things can be and are invented, even virtue. If you tell a tale long enough people begin to believe. Do kings and popes have divine right?  I was ready to take exception to this Hierophant who seemingly grasps the bag of riches and yet, the more I thought of it, I think the pouch is a bag of treats for his loyal dog-fox friend. All the riches and rituals become less important with time. Time, so fleeting, we realize that what time remains is best spent with those treasured few we hold dear.


The Tarot of Durer

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping he has some Milkbone dog biscuits for that fox, or perhaps some jerky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...