Sunday, March 27, 2016

More Rabbits

After posting all those cards with hares/rabbits on them I decided to do my own rendition.  Here's my rabbit.  Orange, a nod to the rabbit in the Queen of Pentacles in the RWS deck.  There is a place not far from home called the Concrete Lady and there you can find just about anything concrete.  So I got my rabbit and did my painting yesterday.  I had lots of paint at home from painting rocks.  Rock painting was my therapy to help me work through my PTSD after tornado trauma.  I was never that clever with drawing and painting but rock painting was pretty easy.  Then I found while surfing the web ~ The Abundant Love Project.  People around the world painting rocks with the message "you are loved."  So I started doing that.  And now I place either very simple renditions or sometimes a rock with many layers of paint and design of 'You are Loved' around town. A few here and there. I enjoy it and I hope the rocks always are located by someone who needs the message.

And here is the other rabbit and the last of them for Easter.  From the DRUID ANIMAL ORACLE, the Hare.  Definitely a compelling picture.  So much going on in this scene.  This 'Mad March Hare' looks back at us and seemingly asks, "are you ready for an adventure."  Maybe this is the picture that inspired Lewis Carrolls ALICE IN WONDERLAND.  Who knows? 
I am off on my Easter Day Celebrations.  I am sure there is an Easter Egg Hunt somewhere today.  I too shall join in the adventure.
HAPPY EASTER

3 comments:

  1. I like your brightly colored rabbit, and I love the idea of placing rocks in random places with the message "you are loved" on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on one time on the web and there is a FB page as well. Most of the ones I paint have a pair of twining hearts on one side and then on the other "You are Loved." There are ideas of painted rocks on Etsy and Pintrest as well. Its fun and when I cant sleep at night it is relaxing and a form of meditation.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...