Saturday, April 29, 2017

Aspirin please

This image is giving me a headache.   All the blood rushing to my head and those antlers.

Maybe this Oak King grew his antlers, for me it made think of the halo I had to wear for four months.  Horrible.  Four screws drilled into my skull to hold my neck immobile as the broken vertebrae healed. I still have the indentations these five years later and oh my how some days they ache and itch.  The weight of carrying that steel around and never more than a few drug induced hours of sleep.
Enough of that.  The only different perspective I want to have today is the back of my eyelids. Thunderstorms, some which were fairly intense, kept me awake most of night.






the Green Witch Tarot - Ann Moura



4 comments:

  1. Our life leaves marks all over our body. Too bad when some one asks "how are you" they never mean tell me about your marks of life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of some saying...if you have scars it proved you have survived.
      I want to say "to hell with that, I hurt, I am in pain and what the hell does it all mean?"

      Delete
  2. Sharyn's comment made me think of how people often reply - "Fine" - which makes me think of its acronym in 12 Step groups: f*%ked up, insecure, neurotic and emotional.
    Hope you got a restful nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine is one of those words from me means, 'watch out' you have stepped over the line.' Mostly I say okay. When we tell people I hurt, I am having a bad day, I am not doing well...you can immediately see the panic in their eyes, like "what the hell do I say?" and they scramble to get away as fast as possible.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...