Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spilled Milk

9 of cups is usually portrayed as entitlement, times of plenty, abundance.  Here there are lots of cups and even a few doves in an open cage notating possible abundance with serenity mixed in.  But then there is the spilled milk or beverage.  Even when all is well things can go wrong.  The trick is not to focus on what is not right but on all the good, joy, laughter, love, and peace that does surround us in life.

Also I think when times are good as with innkeeper, have a few people over and share a cup with them.  Today I will try to be that example and share some of the good times, maybe buy a friend lunch, tell a joke, smile at a stranger, be thankful someone held the door for me.  Lots of good things to be grateful for and keep my cups overflowing. 


The Tarot of Durer - Lo Scarabeo

3 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me of a Japanese term - wabi sabi - that sees beauty as imperfect. It's so important not to get so caught up in the little spills of life that we miss enjoying all those full cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be along for tea and a chinwag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee with milk and sugar please :D
    This card reminds me to write some more in my gratitude journal

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...