Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fun is Fundamental

Yesterday evening I went out to dinner with a couple of friends.  I had not seen them for several months, so a visit was long over due.  One of them asked me what I doing to have some fun?  Both of these people were there and helped out during my recovery and both are aware that I don't get out as much as I used to, so it was a good question.  Before the accident I was out and about, doing a bit of this and that. Not so much since.  Sure for a couple of years it was all about recovery, now I stay home more sheltered from Life than I should.  So this Ten of Spring(Wands) reads more like a reversed card.  The caption 'All work and no play' doesn't quite work.

I don't work that hard anymore, one because I cannot do the 60 or 70 hours that I used to and really what is all that work about?  With my tornado encounter I learned the lesson that a bunch of stuff can be gone in a second.  The work I do now is for what I need, not what I want.  I need a roof over my head not the Taj Mahal, dependable transportation, food clothing... and well we all know our basics.  But the one basic in Life that seems to be in short supply is Fun. The adage of 'All work and no play' makes Carolyn a dull girl.  Well I am not all work but I sure don't play enough. Something for me to think about, as I get my dust cloth out and do a little house work. Maybe I will put on some music and dance my way through the dusting.

FAIRY TAROT CARDS - Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I even knew how to laugh until I started a Red Hat group here for four years. Somewhere I'd simply forgotten how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something shifts in us when we battle major illnesses and trauma, and it is hard to find that place of ease and comfort. Part of it I think is we are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. You take care and have fun today.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...