Sunday, December 5, 2021

That was no dream, but a memory

 

In that soft place between sleep and awake I drifted into a memory. A crossroads where my life shifted and then a path taken into a different direction. How many places have I made turns taken that have lead me to where and who I am today? That choice forty years ago would have shaped me into a much different person than I am today, or would it have?  The memories of yesteryears are much softer than the harshness of reality.  My journey through the forest has been much different than the dreams I had. 

Every time I spend time with this deck it has my heart longing to go and live in the forest and spend my crone years connecting with the earth. To listen with my heart and not my mind to the rhythm of Gaia's heartbeat. To dance in my bare feet and fall down after twirling. Ahh, my dancing and twirling days are behind me, but I can take a walk through my dreams of possibilities.


The Enchanted Forest Tarot~ Luna Weatherstone

3 comments:

  1. And I wonder how many of those turns let you cross paths with people whose lives you touched in helpful and benevolent ways.
    My days of country living are behind me, but having a yard and a small garden of flowers helps me stay connected to Nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of this Page all days and wonder what changes and choices that I can make to get me to a place where I can spend more time connected to the Earth. With my nerve-damage affecting my legs I cannot get down on the ground so easily but now thinking maybe a make-shift mini greenhouse inside where I can work with potting soil and plants might be a good substitute.

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a wonderful idea! Years ago, I had a small greenhouse that I grew medicinal herbs in. Made a lot of mistakes but I learned a lot and found it very fulfilling to raise a plant from seeds.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...