Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Shed some light

Why do some feel like they have to carry the burden?  Forced labor? Smarted than the rest? Nothing better to do? Can build a better mouse trap, or so they think?
Mine was forced labor and because of that I became isolated from others.  These last few years I have been working and succeeding for the most part of laying those expectations aside.  The thing is I have more time on my hands; the hands that carried the load are occasionally left grasping.  I am learning to be careful of what I pick up.  A lesson to be learned. When you set the bundle to the side there is always someone else that will pick it up and with that knowledge, it is easier to walk away.


The Fountain Tarot

3 comments:

  1. I was brought up in a household that believed one should never be idle; productivity was tantamount. It's hard to get that tape out of my head some days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I taking these timeout days and sorting through things, real and imagined. I listened to a preacher who stated that God has sent us to our rooms for a timeout. When we were sent to our rooms as children, usually after some painful disciplining, we were told to think about what we did, where we went wrong, and to make sure we learned our lesson. So given this time, I am thinking things through.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written post Carolyn. One of my very best lessons is no one is irreplaceable. People and governments just get on with it.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...