Thursday, May 21, 2020

Cicadas

The seventeen year cycle Cicadas are returning this year.  That's millions of Nature Spirits that will gather, dance, and sing this summer.  I remember last time they emerged; their hum was constant and after mating, dead shells of their limited time above ground were everywhere.
I was thinking and remembering what I was doing seventeen summers before. How things change.  The change the cicadas experience from darkness to light might be what all their singing is about; that and mating. Their limited time above ground reminds me that I too have a cycle of life and I best get busy enjoying my time above ground.

1 comment:

  1. I know some people find their sound annoying, but I love the ocean wave-like rhythm of their songs!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...