Monday, March 11, 2019

Sing a song of sixpence

When I drew this card I immediately heard the line from the nursery rhyme by Mother Goose, "four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie"  What?  These birds appear to be turtle-doves, rhyme or no rhyme they appear darkened.  The author gives us "Choices"  chose to stay with the known, the safe, or put yourself out there and try something new.  A new choice and new path a new flight pattern? 
Are my choices today hidden in the nursery rhyme, count my money(blessings) like the king, eat the bread and honey(have a little feast for myself) like the queen or just stay indoors so I don't get my nose pecked off like the maid? 
One thing for sure, that rhyme will play in the background of mind most of the day.  An earworm; too bad those blackbirds don't peck at and eat the earworm and save the day.

Elements of Recovery - Beverly King

1 comment:

  1. there is an agatha christie story with this theme, I like the filmed version with Peter Davison

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...