Sunday, March 10, 2019

I think that I have never seen...

The more that life on Earth is studied the more interconnected we find that we are. Trees are communities, not just hunks of timber,  They live and breath and communicate and care for each other.  The oak bears fruit and some of those acorns become saplings. In times of stress the larger and mature trees can divert water to the saplings so they can continue to grow. Obviously they have some form of communication even if it is the simplest electronic pulse between them. There are times when out in the forest in a stand of trees, I think I hear those words of communication on the whisper of the wind and rustling of leaves.  I know that some of those words of wisdom are for me as well as the young sapling.



Elements of Recovery - Beverly King



1 comment:

  1. Your post makes me think of the book, "The Hidden Life of Trees." :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...