Thursday, March 14, 2019

Committments

Does one ever really know what they have led themselves into when making a commitment?  We can be well versed and gained lots of advice and understanding and still end of scratching our head down the road going - What?
This card is spot on for me today.  I woke this morning to discover Miss Kitty has ripped a hole in the back of my couch, the shreds of fabric told the tale, and has scratched loose more threads around the edge.  Her and I have had this conversation before and yet she keeps doing what cats do!  Frustrating, but she is my cat and I am her human and we will figure something out. 

2 comments:

  1. Our siamese absolutely ruined our couch, finally had to throw it out.
    With Ash and Honcho we started with scratching posts and showed them to use them several times a day for weeks. That is all they use now, often. You might consider a cat tree too and have a combo tree and post in one. They did though figure out how to get up under the mattress and after a few weeks of that we just cut off the underside cheap cover ;) foiled! I'm glad you got a little friend, or the little friend found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to relearn this with the new kitten. Scratching posts and boards in her favorite rooms help (toss some catnip on them to get her interested), as well as putting double-sided sticky pads (found at pet stores) on the furniture. On the plus side, she's marking her home territory so she feels very comfortable with you!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...