Saturday, November 21, 2020

VisionQuest

 

I know that I would not enjoy a vision quest. No food or water and sitting by myself on a mountain top for hours, preferably days. I would have visions too if I had no water for hours and hours much less days and days. Besides my broken down knees would hamper any attempt at crouching on the ground for days.  I am still working on silence within for twenty minutes in a chair. Kudos for those that can, for me disconnecting from the media and my cell phone for a couple of hours gives me the respite needed to quiet my mind.




Native Spirit Oracle Cards - Denise Linn

2 comments:

  1. I might be up for a one hour vision quest if I could sit on my back porch and bird watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with both of you. No fasting for me, either; I'd just get a headache. Once a friend and I attended a sweatlodge and all that happened for me was that I nearly fainted from the heat; had I done so, I'd've fallen into the flames. Can't see any spiritual truths revealing themselves when that happens! -Kate

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...