Monday, November 16, 2020

Tracker


 In 2005 I visited the Grand Canyon while vacationing with family. Awesome. I didn't appreciate how spectacular the canyon was as I was not in a good place in life. I was whiny and miserable most of trip, complaining most days. I prefer green and water and nothing out there has that. I think if we stopped at the Coconino National Forest I would have stood taller than the trees. Lack of rainfall made the forest look little more than scrub. If I visited today, I would appreciate the tenacity of life that the trees hold on to. The Colorado River looked like a little stream from above. Today I would look with wonder at the power of the river to carve the canyon.

Heart and mind set have so much to do with the way we perceive the world. Track your feelings and how you think to gain perspective on where you are or where you plan on going.


Native Spirit Oracle Cards

4 comments:

  1. It's an interesting exercise to track our thoughts and ask ourselves: Is this true, or simply a preference or prejudice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we are out of balance with ourselves most anything that we do is going to be a blunder.

      Delete
  2. My cousin just came home from moving her brother to Arizona. She hated the whole trip, one of my favorites. And attitude has SO much to do with it. So does pain and depression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about a year and half out from the deaths of my parents, which both lived with me. I was not in a good place and went with family that made me twitchy and miserable. So I made them miserable back. Wasted days and nights.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...