Sunday, November 1, 2020

Happy place.

 

The author states, " if ever an animal were created in the image of joy, the highland cow would be it."  I can think of a few other animals that bring a smile of joy, but if you are from the other side of the pond maybe a highland cow is that animal.  Different things for different people. I can see the cow in my mind's eye out in the field, full of daisies under the lovely Summer Sun.  That would be a happy place for me. Lately I have tried to stop and 'smell the daisies' when a happy thought or moment occurs, no longer taking them for granted. Being in the moment in the moment. Those moments are starting to soften some of the sharp edges within me. 

As a child we had a field behind our home that was a pasture for cows. We often ran and played in the field and the stream that ran through it. There is a happy thought that takes me to a happy place. Magic in that.


Scorpio Sea Tarot

2 comments:

  1. When my mom was traveling, she kept hearing the guide talk about the hairy coos; it took a bit to figure out he was talking about the hairy cows. :D They make me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful series that features highland cows in the opening is Hamish Macbeth, a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...