Saturday, October 20, 2018

Momma Mia indeed

On the back of the card Sue Lion says "These are the songs I sang to my children. They are the songs my mother sang to me"  Those are the lyrics surrounding the picture.  Funny that I don't remember my Mother singing lullabies to me as a child. I am absolutely sure her mother did not sing to her.  I know my Mother had to have.  I remember her humming and she adored Antiono Carlos Jobim and his latin songs and guitar.  So much so that is what I had played at her funeral.  I had a CD of his favorite songs that she had been gifted and that is what played.
Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking and when she passes each one she passes goes ahhh.

2 comments:

  1. I have no memory of lullabies, but I do know music can soothe my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. music was one of mothers passions and one of the things that departed early. She was a whistler.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...