Saturday, October 21, 2017

Vantage Point

I have a deep abiding fascination and love of hawks.  I catch glimpses of them here and there and I always give thanks that I had the chance to see them and share the moment.

I had the opportunity to enjoy a late lunch with my niece yesterday afternoon.  We went to her favorite place, Panera Bread and enjoyed lunch out on the patio.  To and from I spotted several hawks and commented on them to her.  I have pointed them out to her before and she mentioned how I always seem to spot them.  Well maybe not always but I really try to take notice.  I thought at one time that the hawk might me a totem animal for me and that might be so, more likely they are a reminder of awareness and being in the moment.  Once I tried to imagine joining hawk on a flight.  I envisioned what I thought they would see from high above. The experience of seeing from a higher vantage point and the feel of the wind ruffling through my feathers. Today might be a good day to take flight again. 

SPIRIT ANIMAL Oracle - Sue Lion

7 comments:

  1. Looking at our life from a bird's point a view is a great way to put things into perspective.
    Fly high my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful fall day, a perfect time for sky-gliding.

      Delete
  2. They do observe from a height, but come back to the ground at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to anchor ourselves, but might as well enjoy the flight.

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of the lark ascending, beautiful music. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...