Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Design flaw

The Authors of this deck give us the Tower and drafted their card after the tower in Glendalough in County Wicklow, Ireland, a monastic settlement.  When I view this card I wonder what the monks  were thinking or what I am thinking?  The Tower with the two stone huts at his base is to me symbolic of the male anatomy.

I am not sure why Anna Franklin & Paul Mason have decided to place the Tower as card fifteen and switching it with the Devil or in this deck the Underworld? Actually I think the placement of the Tower after Temperance might be a better flow through the Major Arcana.  After getting the lightning strike I can see us being tempted by the Devil when we are our most vulnerable.
For today I am going to put a lucky stone in my pocket as a  talisman to ward off any possible "strike" of misfortune.  And if I discover anything that I question it or their intent, I will give it a pass.  What I see or interpret maybe only be a unique perspective.


The Sacred Circle Tarot

4 comments:

  1. I just read about 25 reviews of this deck and only two mentioned the order change. Title changes are common in pagan decks though because the rws is based on christian viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I'm much more vulnerable to temptation after taking a hit. I remember reading that some of the towers were used to keep a look out for raiders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or we are freed from the Devils temptation after a Tower experience. When our whole existence crumbles down we often learn what is truly important and we can move on to the Star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sharyn - great skills in review and analysis here and in the responses. Clever people....

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...