Monday, October 9, 2017

Defeat

How harsh that word seems, defeat. In the instance portrayed in the card, defeat was the most likely outcome, since two swords are broken. One must wonder did the blades get broken in this encounter or were broken swords the only ones available to counter the three?

I can't assume or I won't assume just because I didn't "win" in a situation doesn't make me a loser.  Maybe I didn't have the right tools or information. Maybe it was the Universe stepping in and saying "not for you."
It took me many years to learn this lesson.  I mostly notice it now while out driving about.  Missing my turn on the highway or misplacing my keys just before leaving home.  Delays I call them now, something kept me from being in a certain place at a certain time.  Instead of berating myself, I now just go with the flow.  So if I come across a situation today with only broken swords, I will do my best and I am okay with that.



The Sacred Circle Tarot - Anna Franklin & Paul Mason





6 comments:

  1. No sense in fighting what is; might as well get on with life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this speaks to leading a proactive life, rather than one based on reaction. Broken swords days? Hold a kitten. play with a dog. What broken swords? Ask me again tomorrow I will probably have a different answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good advice. I have been thinking on getting a pet. In fact was reading for one that someone didnt want to deal with anymore, 11 year dashound, I thought I would take her before they put in shelter. They changed their mind.

      Delete
  3. What a great way to approach your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah what the heck, if it the days goes awry, there is always chocolate.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...