Sunday, October 1, 2017

Middle Way

Temperance just about always has me scratching my head.  Blending, merging, middle of the road.  Might as well stay home for the day if you are not going to get much if anything accomplished.


I took a few minutes of contemplation and pulled out a few of my books on tarot to re-read what some had to say about Temperance. In several instances The Serenity Prayer was quoted, so for me that will be my advice from the my card draw for the day.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Different advice really than just taking the middle road or blending.  Do if can and don't if can't and be okay with myself either way.

The Gaian Tarot - Joanna Powell Colbert

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a quote by Shantideva:
    If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying?
    If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad that we can learn that wisdom early in life and save ourselves lots of worry, fear, and sleepless nights

    ReplyDelete
  3. This prayer got me through a lot a difficult situations!
    Often I also see this card a healing soothing energy in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...