Sunday, October 8, 2017

Can you count

One + One = Two

Earlier this year I ran into the proverbial wall looking at the cards and spent a month with basically my beginners deck - Rider Waite Smith.  Since then I have tried to spend two weeks with a deck.  The Gaian Tarot was a bit of favorite a few years back, now it leaves me glassy-eyed.  So in the spirit of hanging in there I decided to continue with the second week.  I drew the Ace of Air/Swords today, a repeat from a few days ago. I looked at it and nothing, so I grabbed the RWS and drew the matching card from the deck, now I got two aces and nothing.  I guess once the mind goes into the void that is it. Not willing to give up, I drew a third card from the Wisdom of the Oracle deck to help with the Aces, got Two Owls. 1+1=2.  I gave up and went back to bed and took a nap.
The only thing that makes sense is when I size up a situation is make sure 1+1=2  and not 3 or some other number.  Take things at face value.  I am not a quitter, but i think the Gaian Tarot has to go to the back of draw.

3 comments:

  1. Clear thinking plus clear communication equal harmony. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes this happens and in my opinion the best thing to do is to pick up another deck and try again. Or what is usually also helpful is to pick up a guidebook and read the meaning until you find something that resonates, even if it is only one word and then go from there.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...