Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sugar bound

Here I am bound to my addiction - SUGAR.  My legs are loosely wrapped so my bondage is self inflicted.  I can free myself at any time and walk away from those indulgent delights that I succumb to daily.  Those chirping birds are telling me again and again about all the damage and negative effects that sugar has on my body, but I cover my ears and in my distress reach for some sweet treat that will make me swoon and forget those warnings.

Sugar is the devil in my life, I am bound by my physical cravings for it.  Sugar is addictive for me and I cannot have just a little without it triggering an exaggerated need for more.  I thought I had it under control, again, but alas Carolyn has deluded herself.  It is crazy, cause you know the world could end tomorrow so why not stop at the bakery and indulge in a decadent cupcake?  Recently I have picked up my M&M's again.  They were the tools that I used to give up smoking years ago and recently I have be tossing them in my mouth by the handfuls.
"Sweets for the Sweets?'  Ahh sugar by any other name: fructose, sucrose, maltose, glucose, lactose, dextrose - you are still just as sweet and not good for me.  Someone yesterday was telling me I just had to try a deep fried batter twinkee, that is was the best treat that could be had.  Even I know that ain't good.

Journey through the Gaian Tarot -Joanna Powell Colbert



1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the call of forbidden fruits. Mine are cigarettes. I have quite smoking two years ago but I still crave them. The positive thing of this craving is that you can never have them anymore while sugar is embedded in your daily diet (or you have to skip this completely). I wish you a lot of strength and determination and also kindness for yourself whenever you slip :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...