Monday, May 23, 2016

Boundary Line

To live authentically with courage and conviction.  This Knight of Swords knows who is he.  Erect and at the ready and willing to defend his position if necessary.  No one would question who he is, what he stands for, or what is intention is.  Do people challenge me/us on our beliefs because they can sense a weakness in our beliefs and truths?

I can try to convince myself that Life would be easier to just go along.  Yet, that kind of living chips away at my authentic self and nature.  Fear of being alone and ostracized is the weapon used to beat me into submission, but can I really live from that place of fear?  Isn't that where depression and despair comes in?  Am I really that different from the rest of my family?  Approaching 60 you think they would realize who I am.  Yet maybe part of the fault lies in me because I have allowed them to run rough shod over me from time to time, just to get along.
No more.
Boundaries - putting your foot down and knowing where you stand.

MARCO POLO TAROT cards ~ Lo Scarabeo  Artwork -Severino Baraldi

6 comments:

  1. My remaining family has zero idea of who I am and how I think. But sadly the reverse is also true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent time with family and they still have zero idea who I am. I just can't do anymore. Time is too precious.

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat with you two. I'd love to have a discussion about beliefs, but that would fall under the heading "Big No-Nos." Don't rock the boat is what most families prefer I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With me too. Stuck between fundamentalist Christians. I abide by their beliefs, but me I am going to hell if I don't change. They want me to conform so I can go to Heaven with them, that way they have eternity to torment me.

      Delete
  3. Same here! my family has no either no clue or no interest in my practice and beliefs. On the other hand I am expected to listen to my mother when she talks about her convictions. Feeling like a ten year old instead of almost sixty. Keep on smiling and nodding and being a good girl :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried that, and when my parents were on the planet I did that. My one sister and I have had our ups and downs. Several times over the last 20 years she has crossed the line and time softened the wounds. She did so again a few weeks ago. I am heartbroken, but I am putting my foot down.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...