Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Assertiveness

Assertiveness honors everyone's right including our own, which is different than aggression, which denies the rights of others. With assertiveness you stay true to yourself and your values.  The question begs how do we really know ourselves.  That is what a lot of  life is about, self discovery.  I can get lost trying to figure this and that out.

The local Public Library offers different classes from time to time and last night they had an instructor that offered a class: A Mindfulness Meditation Workshop.  I don't meditate as often as I could and when workshops are offered and I get the chance I go because when more than one person is gathered the energy can lift much higher.  The mindful meditation was to help us be more in the moment, being awake and fully aware.  If I am more centered I can be more confident of who I am and where my path will lead. Assertiveness can be expressed as confidence in oneself.

"Stand up for your beliefs, and only say yes if you really want to."

MAGICAL MESSAGES from the fairies - Doreen Virtue



2 comments:

  1. I wish my meditation practice was more regular than it is now. There is always something that gets in the way. Maybe I should reconsider my priorities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we both need to assert our right to make ourselves number ONE.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...