Saturday, August 29, 2020

The old boyo

Usually the appearance of the Emperor gets my hackles up. Authoritative older men trying to boss me around or tell me they know what is better for me than me, well no, Today the old guy just seems like an older family man, trying to hold on to some semblance of his place in the world. His place unsure, kids moved away, wife goes her way, the younger upstarts at work constantly remind him his time on the throne is past. He is holding on to a lifestyle that doesn't exist any more, and he is frightened. Most of us these days can relate since the world has gone sideways. We are all running around not sure and a bit afraid. Time to give him, others, and myself some leeway, 
The Times, they are a changing


The Rider Waite Smith Tarot

2 comments:

  1. good to have our hackles on alert! Just because he is old tired worried doesn't mean he won't wreak havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think he might want what is best but no longer knows how to do that in this new world. Maybe he will learn to serve rather than rule.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...