Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Chapter and verse

I had a bit of a challenging day yesterday.  Death reminded me from the ashes...
Today the Lovers.  If  the cards are looked as a triad, three lines of assent as some readers teach; Death comes below the Lovers. I find it interesting that looking up from Death there are the Lovers.  Maybe that is the rising mountain point in the backdrop.  Death levels the playing field between The Lovers above and Judgement below. 
I really enjoy working with the Rider Waite-Smith deck, because each of the cards are a story unto themselves. Makes me think of books these days, more and more of them are trilogies, book 1,2,3...or more.  I wonder if it is for more money or they think the reading audience cannot read a longer story in a larger book?  The Tarot is like 21 stories in a very large book, and as The Fool, I can read and reread the stories I choose.  I love that!

Rider Waite-Smith Deck

2 comments:

  1. Sharyn told me once the challenge in blogging is not how we read a card, but how we read the same card at different times. I'm glad I don't have to rely on rote meanings!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...