Monday, March 2, 2020

Anniversary

The Rider, Death has made an appearance today.  Coincidental that I have drawn Death today on my anniversary date of March 2.  Eight years ago on a warm, sunny Friday afternoon my life as I knew it ended and change was thrust upon me.  I nearly died that day, and for a bit of time was held between stepping across the veil or returning back to continue my journey as Carolyn.  The Gatekeeper did not appear to me like this caricature of Death, though we all relate to this depiction.  Transformation, you betcha, but then again, everyday brings change.  There are events that we barely even notice and those that stay with always.  Large or small, we change and continue on our way.
Bright Blessings to all as we continue our journey.

8 comments:

  1. we remember the huge changes, but I can think of very small changes that shifted everything. I'm so sorry this one brought you so much pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You my friend have endured much, and know about change that is forced upon us. We go on or give up or give in. On was my choice. Still is, just a bit slower pace.

      Delete
  2. I am grateful you didn't ride off on that white horse that day. You still have insights to offer to others in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the ambulance guys were #1 surprised you were found alive, and #2 surprised you made it to the hospital. My BIL was a logger and at 21 he was hit in the head by a log swinging in the rigging. It took nearly 4 hours to get him out of the woods, and another 4 before a doctor could get to the small community hospital. He is still alive, 55 years later. Irrevocably changed. He had to relearn everything as if from infancy. He says he saw the White Light. But he says lots of things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I just shake my head and wonder how I made it out alive. So many issues, but still alive.
      Yes, I was in the Light and came back. There are days I wish I did not. Still I am here trying to do the best that I can do.

      Delete
  4. You have courage, Carolyn. I don't know your backstory, but I'm pretty sure that without courage, people don't surmount or survive huge challenges. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come to understand that everyone is working or dealing with an issue. Appearances can be deceiving. Compassion is the biggest lesson I have learned, for others and with myself. The only way is forward, and so I/we must.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...