Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Tis the Season

Bell Ringers, a thankless job/opportunity.

The bell ringers are out.  I came out of store yesterday and dropped a dollar in kettle, at this time of year I try to do the same most places I see one.  The attendant said "Merry Christmas" and I smiled and said and "Happy Thanksgiving" then I turned back and said 'thank you' for doing this and the young man, said "you know I have been doing this for a couple of years and no one says thank you, I usually do."  I pondered on this  during the evening.  This is my month of gratitude, but I will say 'thank you' from now on to the all the 'Ringers.'  I did it for a few years with my Sister before my legs gave out and the hour flew by.
 A bit of Kindness and Gratitude goes a long way.  Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love seeing the reverse side. I avoid looking at them when going into a store and sneak by going out. Thank you for the reminder there is a real person behind the bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to put something in the kettle too, even if I only have change. You probably made that young man's week! Reminds me of the Bill Wilson quote: gratitude should go forward not backward.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...