Saturday, November 11, 2017

Be it ever so humble

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free

When I was a little girl we used to play hide and go seek, and when the seeker gave up we used to call "Ollie Ollie come in free"  although the original was 'oxen free' as above.  We played hide and seek between our yard and the neighbor's across the street.  Usually involved seven or eight of us, sometimes a couple more.  Climbing the trees was not an allowed hiding place, too difficult in the dark for the seeker to find you.  Home base was safety.  Even today home is the safe place.  There have been a few days when I come home I say out-loud "Ollie Ollie Carolyn's home free."  There is no place like home.  Familiar, comfort, safety, protection.
Thank goodness for home.  Be it ever so humble there is no place like home.  Go ahead click your heels together...


Fairy Tarot

5 comments:

  1. My friend, who lost her home and everything in it in the January tornado, just moved in to her new place. I think she would heartily agree with you!
    I've heard the 'Ollie' saying and never knew where it came from - thanks for that bit of information. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it came from a Perry Como song. Good for your friend finally back in her own home. When I was hurt in tornado I had live with my sister and her family for 6 months cause I couldn't completely care for myself. I did a lot of healing but even more once I got back to my own home.

      Delete
  2. I can only wholeheartedly agree with you: There no place I'd rather be than home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for my home. There is not place like home.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...