Friday, June 30, 2017

Stemware

Which will be the best pattern choice for stemware?  This gal looks somewhat disenchanted with the process of picking out what cups will go best with the china pattern, that this soon to be married couple will use in their new home.

I never got married.  Never registered for marital gifts.  Never started a hope chest as a teenager.  Plates and glasses, cups and bowls are just something to serve up my meals on.  More often than not I use paper plates to save doing lots of dishes.  I notice in lots of home that their cabinets are full of mismatched cups and glasses like my cabinets. 
When things go awry as they often do, I just need to ask myself, "will this be important in five years?" 



The Green Witch Tarot - Ann Moura






6 comments:

  1. I started out whith a matched set of plates, mugs etc but then my kids wanted to help doing the dishes and broke some of it. That's when I started buying what was cheap and expendable and I still do. Like you said, it is just to serve up meals and drinks with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really I did too, who doesn't. They sell them at all stores in sets. Now I pick one up here and there. My plates are all plain Corning Ware, which is light weight and very durable. Paper plates are even easier.

      Delete
  2. Ah, that young woman has been duped into thinking the perfect set of china will produce the perfect marriage. No wonder she is disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If everything looks perfect we hope it will continue so. Ha, Life teaches many things usually begins with a thump to the head.

      Delete
  3. I admire style in others homes, but I'm hopeless in my own home. You've probably heard me say before but we only have a dining table in the living room. Although the dogs each have a nice dog couch.

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...