Thursday, June 1, 2017

Moon Goddess

From the booklet ~  Traditional card: The Hermit, keywords - meditation, withdrawal, introspection.

I have had this deck for a number of years and never questioned or asked who Chang O is or was.  So I spent the last half hour or so reading a few excepts.   The best I can tell you is Chang O's withdrawal was not intentional. And that is the way of the Hermit sometimes.  Whether by design or not some times we find ourselves alone and what we do with that time is up to us.  Find spiritual fulfillment, self-awareness, loneliness, or just pick fuzz out of our belly button (Sharyn) is up to us.
I also wondered about that rabbit and in my research I found that Chang O is often represented with a hare, and the Hare of the Moon can still be traced on the surface of the Full Moon.  Something else newly learned, Idk that a rabbit impression was on the Full Moon?  Come on June 9th so I can get a glimpse.

The GODDESS TAROT - Kris Waldherr

9 comments:

  1. Ah, I've got you info-junking. I use hare on the moon for my desktop wall paper often. https://www.google.com/search?q=hare+moon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuhs3V7ZzUAhVlwFQKHTGaCzgQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of a outline of a rabbit on the Moon. I wonder if it is a nod to the twelve animals of Chinese astrology? Anyway I put the belly button fluff comment in there because you used it the other day and it made me chuckle...a bit of lunar madness, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt a bit like her this afternoon. Being all by myself only with Jofee at my feet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on my own quite a bit. Home office and live alone. I do go out and meet clients, but not as much as did once upon a time.

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of a hare in the moon instead of a man. Is this goddess and hare connected to a Chinese holiday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that read this morning. She lost her divinity and ended up taking to much of something that made her lighter than air and landed on the Moon. There were like five stories I read all of them different.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry spell checker changed the word hare to gate so I deleted comment. Anyhow looking forward to seeing this on the next full moon :)

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...