Sunday, October 23, 2016

In the moment

Covet: to want (something you do not have) very much.

Gets us in real trouble to desire something so much that we will go to great lengths to obtain it.  Here is betrayal. The standing guardsman intention is not to protect but to take.  At what cost?
When we covet something, there really is no satisfaction once obtained.  Items, tokens, commodities come and go.  Sure it is wonderful to have nice things.  A home, food on the table, clothes, cars, and candy, but really, things don't bring satisfaction.
Self acceptance, love, family, friends, and our community are much more important.   For today if there is a bit of snit over something I will just release the action of disagreement and let someone else have their way.

I am grateful for home, food on the table, clothes, cars, and candy and realize all that I have is a blessing.

TAROT OF THE JOURNEY TO THE ORIENT (Marco Polo Tarot)
Lo Scarabeo  - Artwork by Severino Baraldi

6 comments:

  1. Our draws today seem to be running parallel to each other. :) The thing about self-serving actions is they don't bring lasting joy (and in the guard's case above, he'll be looking over his shoulder constantly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being right often comes with a lot of stress and isn't worth it in the end
    Today I am grateful for my home, S and M, coffee, being able to type and more coffee :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more we realize how much we have the better our lives. I don't do coffee but I enjoy hot tea and hot chocolate. See, I drink hot chocolate and leaves more coffee for you; you drink coffee leaves more hot chocolate for me. Life is good.

      Delete
  3. one of my best life lessons, and not so long ago I'm sorry to say, is to release ourselves from the outcome. Has made my self imposed burden so much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on the lesson, probably still have to work on it in my next life.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...