Sunday, September 4, 2016

So What

Choices, are we ever beyond having to explain ourselves.  Even living alone I feel like I have to justify what I am doing, going to do, or have done.  But to whom?  The only person I am accountable to is me.

Doing nothing is a choice.  I have a list of at least seven things I want to get done and work on during this long holiday weekend.  I had great intentions yesterday.  Started out well and then got hooked on reruns of Downton Abbey on PBS.  I turned on the tv when I took a break for lunch and that as they say 'is all she wrote.'  I watched ten hours straight. I quit watching the series years ago because I was over enamored with the show; in fact I watched most of season three which is the last season I watched.  I spent the day teary eyed and it was probably the best use of my day.  I didn't worry about anything, had some emotional release time, did a bit of dusting while watching and laundry-so some housework was done.  The big thing was - I vacated my life for a while and so my mind was rested at days end.
The Judgement Card yesterday in hindsight suggested no judgement about how I spent my day.  It is was my choice.  For today I am going to grab one of those cups and get it done.

GILDED TAROT by Ciro Marchetti

2 comments:

  1. I think there is a certain generation of us who grew up with the idea that not being productive was sinful. We're probably also the generation who has helped the growth the pharmaceutical companies as a result. Good on you for taking time out to rest your mind with something your enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my intention to hit the pause button on my day, but I am glad I did. Better than pharmaceuticals.

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...