Saturday, September 24, 2016

Extra Extra


I have journaled most of my life. Not feeling comfortable enough to share my thoughts and feeling on my joys and fears with others I poured them out on slips of paper and notebooks.  I eventually go back over and read those thoughts, feelings, and remembrances and then rip and shred the pages; not wanting to leave something behind that could be hurtful to another and also having moved on I need not be reminded by those bits of this n that.
When I was a teenager I started writing bits of poetry and I remember sharing those pages with my Mother who said they were too dark and disturbing and no one should read my thoughts.  I am guessing that has something to do with releasing those pages.  Of course I have come to realize this blog is a bit of journaling and sometimes I wonder if I should go back and erase the pages?
Maybe there should be a bit of something of me left somewhere out there.

THE GAIAN TAROT - Joanna Powell Colbert

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you've ever written anything on your blog that could hurt someone else (in my opinion). It is nice to have a way to get thoughts and feelings on paper or web page; I always find insights when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spitting out the hair balls sets you free. Crying over the same spilt milk every day? Never you. Proceed with vigor.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I love reading your blog because it is so personal. For me their is a huge difference between my journal and my blog. Although I share a lot on my blog too, in my journal I dig deeper and allow myself to be more vulnerable and raw. Not that my journal is only about that but it can be and that is what matters to me.
    Please don't erase anything you might regret it later on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...