Friday, June 3, 2016

Step Away from the Crowd

Shame.  I woke up of thinking of the word shame this morning.  So this card is an appropriate draw.  Dare to be a bit different and you can be shunned by the crowd.  Shamed and ostracized by family, friends, society.  baa baa baa
Shame - I like to make a word list of words to see if I can see deeper into a word.
She am me he sham same ham hem. Shame a sham. Something that is used to make us conform, to herd me along.  Forget about it-I am going my own way.  Besides if you don't step out of the herd your view never changes unless you are in the front of the pack. And as long as you follow you are going to step in a lot of poop.

The Answer is Simple Oracle Cards -Sonia Choquette

6 comments:

  1. I've always heard that the difference between guilt and shame is that with guilt I actually have done something that requires amends or restitution. But with shame, it is more of an "I'm not worthy" feeling that we accept about ourselves without seeing reality clearly. "Sham" seems to describe it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing with the words. Sometimes shifting the letters about helps me with a different view. I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. Quilters have a boogeyman, the quilt police. Probably because people say things in front a quilt show quilt and often the maker is lurking around and hears it. But really, the quilt police are just in our minds, we are our own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Brother and his cousins are always watching, waiting, and listening. Now in homes you have to look around for video/audio recording devices before you make too many comments about the place. Something else to worry about.

      Delete
  3. The older I get the more easy it is to step away from the flock. But I've had my share of sheep poo on my feet too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still step in the pooh all the time. "What is that smell? Oh yea it is that crap I got myself into again!"

      Delete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...