Monday, June 20, 2016

Patterns

I decided to stay with the Full Moon  and Summer Solstice theme today, mostly because both events really occur today.  The Full Moon early this morning and the Summer Solstice at 6:34 this evening.  I always feel like the Summer Solstice is a three day event.  The day of and the days on either side.  And who can't say that most people feel the pull of the Full Moon the day or so before.  I looked at a couple of other sites and contrary to earthsky.org conclusion of the last time of this pairing in 1967 it really was in 1948.  So I looked up 1948 for what was the big, if any event that may have occurred that year (Life has patterns) ---- it was a Presidential Election year.
I am thankful that the Wheel turns and I can enjoy and appreciate the changes of the weeks, months, seasons, and years.  Blessed Be.

EARTH MAGIC Oracle Cards - Steven D Farmer

5 comments:

  1. Summer Solstice: finally the days are shortening again. I am always longing for autumn :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the autumn, it becomes the promised relief from the heat and humidity of Summer days in the Ohio Valley. I go along with the hot days mostly because of the trade off of milder winters enjoyed in our area. I try to remember all days offer a gift. Happy Solstice!

      Delete
  2. I can see why Ellen, your daylight days are much longer than ours. I read this same info this morning Carolyn. Amazing how we can go along grazing on life, and just assuming most of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did some howling at the moon last night. If not get out there this evening.

      Delete
  3. Just love these two beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...