Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Validation

The last few days I have struggled with a cold.  A cold is usually, for me symptomatic of stress.  This cold started as frustration when someone would not listen to what I had to say.  My throat got itchy and scratchy from the words stuck there. I have figured that all out and thought I had come to terms with the frustration, yet the Cold continued to build in intensity.  I have wanted and thought I needed validation from outside sources most of my life.  NOPE. When I need approval of others I make myself sick.  I just need to listen to my Inner Self. 

Nothing and no one outside of me can give me or make me more than I already am.  The treasure I seek I already have.  Dance to my own music and know it is not just okay to be me, it is fabulous to be me.  Validation comes from my own heart.

"Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions." -Will Smith


EARTHEART WISDOM affirmation cards -Sue Lion

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful deck, Sue Lion is a light in the dark.
    I need to put my set in the rotation, it lives on the upstairs desk. Which I recently purchased a new chair for, the old one no longer lifted me up, but left me at chin height. More Light brought home for 2021!

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...