Monday, December 21, 2015

Solstice

The Winter Solstice.  Last day of Fall and so Winter lays her claim to the land.  This Winter Woman revels in her winter splendor.  The candles are lit to stave off the darkness of the longest night of the year and she gathers her friends close; Owl, Bear, Fox have joined her in the celebration.  May we all find such Peace & Joy & Comfort.

"THROW OFF THE LINGERING DARKNESS & REJOICE IN THE SONG OF THE LIGHT." - from the card.  The Winter Solstice is a wonderful event.  I enjoy celebrating and marking the day; acknowledging Winter and knowing that Spring always follows the Winter.  So instead of  shutting myself indoors on such a glorious day, maybe a walk in the park, embracing the light and celebrating  Winter in all her glory.


EARTHEART WISDOM  affirmation cards- Sue Lion

1 comment:

  1. First time in a long time since I haven't made a Yule post on Quirkeries. But I celebrated in my own way...with information, have I said I love learning? ;) And today I made a small intent filled altar. Candle, small abalone shell, compass, and a square iron nail from my mother's midwest birth home. Would you like an ancient iron nail to celebrate Earth in your sacred space?

    ReplyDelete

Be Well

 My thoughts today are with a friend that is undergoing a major surgery, one that impacts her life. Sending healing energy and loving though...